AIR 40 is the premier micro-wind turbine for land-based applications. It operates efficiently across a wide-range of wind speeds, providing energy for telecom, water pumping, lighting, SCADA, off-grid homes, or other low energy demand battery charging applications. The AIR 40 is ideal for pairing with solar to offset seasonal variation, delivering more consistent energy.
- Advanced microprocessor technology for superior performance and high wind protection without mechanical braking.
- Blades designed for quieter operation, durability and optimum energy capture in most wind speeds.
- Lightweight design is simple and easy-to-install; integrated controller for plug-and-play operation
- Pair with solar PV for redundant energy production year-round.
- Produces 40 kWh of energy per month generating energy in a wide range of wind speeds
|Energy||Approx. 40 kWh/mo at 5.8 m/s (13 mph)|
|Swept Area||1.07 m2 (11.5 ft2)|
|Rotor Diameter||46 in (1.17 m)|
|Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|Shipping Dimensions||27 x 12.5 x 9 in, 17 lbs|
|Startup Wind Speed||7 mph (2.2 m/s)|
|Turbine Controller||Microprocessor-based smart internal regulator|
||Cast aluminum with corrosion-resistant paint|
|Blades||(3) Injection-molded composite|
|Alternator||Permanent magnet brushless|
|Overspeed Protection||Electronic torque control|
|Survival Wind Speed||110 mph (49.2 m/s)|
|Mount||1.5 in SCH40 pipe 1.9 in (48 mm) outer diameter|