Energy Management in Buildings: The Earthscan Expert Guide
The role of the energy manager has evolved significantly as the task of cutting greenhouse gas emissions from buildings has become increasingly important. Managers are now technical experts, negotiators, construction project managers, procurement specialists, efficiency advocates and often provide energy services to others.
This comprehensive book covers how to:
• conduct an energy audit
• plan a monitoring and verification strategy
• make any energy-saving campaign successful
• evaluate and make the financial case for energy-saving measures
• make use of free energy for lighting and managing heat loss and gain.
It also contains special chapters on:
• ventilation, heating and cooling
• demand management through automated systems
• most requirements of industrial facilities
• regulatory requirements in Britain, Europe and the United States
• the use of smart meters and monitoring
• how to achieve zero energy buildings
• the use of renewable energy.
For all professional energy, building and facilities managers, energy consultants, students, trainees and academics. It takes the reader from basic concepts to the latest advanced thinking, with principles applicable anywhere in the world and in any climate.