- Single Coil with 37 degrees Angled Stand
- Solar Water Heater System
- Weather Resistant Closed Loop System
- A Split Tank High-Pressure System
Active solar water heater systems are the most popular type of solar water heaters in North America. They utilize a pump to transfer heat from the collectors to the water to be used, which is stored in a remote location away from the collector. This is also commonly known as a split tank system. The best tanks to use in these active systems have built-in copper heat exchanger coils so that the heat can be transferred from the working fluid which passes through the collectors and into the water which is in the tank without the water or working fluid mixing together.
One advantage of active solar water heaters is that they can store the hot water anywhere, even far away from the actual collectors which receive the sunlight. This allows for strategic placing of the tank close to where the water will be used so that it will not take long for hot water flow from the tap.
Unlike passive solar water heaters, the placement of the tank is normally indoors and so heat loss from the water is reduced especially during winter months due to less temperature differential of the water in the tank and the ambient air around the tank.
Another advantage of the active solar water heater is winterization. Since the working fluid is an intermediate fluid, a non-toxic inhibited propylene glycol can be used to prevent freezing. Although there are less hours of sunlight during the cold winters in the north, there is still a lot of heat which can be collected with a vacuum tube solar water heater.
This Solar System Includes:
- Duda Solar 14mm heat Pipe Solar Water Collector(s)
- 37° Stand - Please notify us if you prefer the 45° or slope roof stand (slope surcharges apply)
- Food grade stainless steel solar water storage tank
- SR961s Working Station (circulation pump, controller, pressure gauge, pressure relief valve, check valve)
- Expansion Tank
- Automatic Air Vent (for purging air from top-most portion of the system)
- food grade inhibited propylene glycol (see chart for quantity provided)
- Thermostatic mixing valve (for prevention of scalding)
- Submersible Water pump (for initial air purge/charging of fluid into system)
Manufacturer's Warranty Period:
All of our solar products come with a manufacturer's warranty. A manufacturer warranty covers materials defective due to the manufacturing process. If a manufacturing defect is discovered during the manufacturer's warranty period, the item may be returned to Duda Energy for repair or a replacement. Only materials found defective due to manufacturing will be replaced under the warranty. The warranty does not cover natural phenomenons such as corrosion.
The manufacturer's warranty period does not designate the expected lifetime for a material, unit or device. It only applies a limited time period in which defects due to manufacturing may be eligible for a claim.
- Solar Collector Warranty Period: 3 Years
- Stainless Steel Tank Warranty Period: 2 Years
- Electrical Heating Element Warranty Period: 1 Year
- Controller Warranty Period: 1 Year
- ISO 9001:2000 Standard - Reg: CN00208Q10492R0M
- ISO 14001:2004 Standard - Reg: CN-00208E20080R0M
- ROHS Report - Reg: SHR0808053030F001C